Sunday, April 4, 2010

I Forgive You

I'm not upset with my dad anymore. My mom said that everyone in out family is dealing with this in different ways and I agree with her. I don't think my dad understands this whole thing; he isn't the mushy, feelings-sharing type. I think he just didn't know how to express himself last night and he doesnt get whats going on. He went to sleep really early and I could tell he was upset. Deep down, I know he loves me more than anything and supports me.

Today I woke up at 11 am and I have been really trying to eat somewhat healthy and not binge. Last night made me really exausted. I fell asleep early and slept late and I'm still tired.
I'll write more later.
-me

3 comments:

  1. After reading your previous post about your father, and then this one, I feel like we have very similar fathers.

    I'm going to recommend a book to you that another blogger recommended to me (for which I am very grateful). You can find it on Amazon with this link: http://www.amazon.com/Beck-Diet-Solution-Train-Person/dp/0848732758/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270475422&sr=8-2

    It's not a DIET, but rather a cognitive therapy book. I've really enjoyed it so far, and no matter how off I've felt, I think it's managed to bring me back in.

    Also, do you mind if I add you to my blog roll?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be honored to be on your blogroll!!! :) Thanks, new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most people don't understand any addiction because most people ask, "Why can't they just stop?" It's not the eating that is your main problem -- it's life in general. We start these crazy addictions/eating disorders because something at some time in our life became unmanageable and we turned to food/drugs/alcohol/sex/whatever to cope with it.

    Congrats for forgiving your dad. He may never understand, but what you are doing is right. We have to work on those issues no matter how long it takes -- progress NOT perfection!

    ReplyDelete