- It sounds like Charlie over at Diary of a Mad Overeater 2.0 is doing the same work as I am on Step One. I can totally relate to his very awesome, inspiring post "Step One Question One."
- Check out a post called "Independence" from the blog Does Every Woman Have an Eating Disorder. I thought this was interesting - something I had never though about before:
"I went to an eating disorders/body image lecture a couple of weeks ago and the presenters noted that with each advancement in the women's movement, there has been an consequent increase in eating disorders."
- I love this little poem that Miss Molly from The Happy Loser reminded me of.
- I thought it was so funny that I came across a posting from Make Friends with Food called "Hate to Eat Alone? Or Love it?" because I just had a discussion about this in my group therapy session last week. I was telling everyone that I admire people who eat alone in restaurants. I have a weird stigma about eating alone and often avoid doing this in public, but then have horrible bingeing habits when eating alone in private. Let me know if you can relate!
- Accepting that my recovery wont be "perfect" is also one of my biggest problems. Check out "Abandoning the Perfect Recovery" from ED Bites.