Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ten Things To Do Before Bed

Today was a good day, but it didn’t start out that way.

I woke up and didn’t want to go to work (again). I slowly and reluctantly got up anyway because I knew I had a lot of work waiting for me. I got in the car and became hysterical. First, I left my phone on the bed and had to go back in and get it. Second, it was so humid and gross outside. I panicked thinking about how I have no summer clothes and I am going to be miserable all summer. Even the traffic made me angry and anxious. I felt like I was almost hyperventilating.

When I got to work and got into the swing of things, everything was fine and I calmed down. It is a good thing I stopped the adderall today. I think it was making me anxious and panicked.

Anyway, enough about that. I feel better so I am not going to dwell on this morning.

Today I went to my third group therapy session for the ED program. It was great and I left feeling really good, like I have a lot of support there. Then, I went to dinner with L and went to Borders to work on the Step One Assignment for the program (which I will post when I finish it on Thursday). The best part of my day though was coming up with the idea to make the following list. I got the idea because I was nervous that I would come back to my apartment and feel lonely and bored. 

Ten things I am going to do tonight before I go to sleep:
  1. Water the plants
  2. Put away laundry
  3. Find receipts for insurance
  4. Take a shower
  5. Brush my teet
  6. Update my Netflix queue
  7. Call R
  8. Clean kitchen sink and put dishes in dishwasher
  9. Write in blog
  10. Read chapter 2 of Mindful Eating by Jon Kabat-Zinn (for the ED program)- I plan to do this after I finish this post
Crossing items off of this list felt really good. I know some of the things seem ridiculous  and ordinary (like brushing my teeth), but sometimes when I feel really low and depressed, I neglect my health and taking care of myself.

So, yay for me and my super cool list. 

Did any of you do anything uplifting today?

No comments:

Post a Comment