Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Treatment Plan

I woke up this morning feeling a lot better because all of the good things I did for myself yesterday. I went to group, did something social (dinner), went to borders to work on my homework for the program, and ofcourse made my super awesome list of things to do before bed. Yay :)

At lunch today, I had an appointment with Amy, the program counselor. She is really awesome and I feel like I can really relate to her. We went over all of the good things I did yesterday and then talked about my individual treatment plan. One of the main goals  of my plan is not to spend the night at my parents house during the 10 week program. That really scared me. I don’t know how I am going to stick to that. I really want to do this, but in he moment, when I am miserable and upset, all rationality is thrown out the window and I only think with my emotion mind. I need to learn to stay with my feelings and not run to my mom or soothing.

The other parts of my individual treatment plan include seeing a dietitian on a weekly basis, following a food plan, going to 3-4 support groups per week (OA or EDA), getting an OA sponsor and working the 12 steps, making a structured plan for each weekend, journaling (or blogging) daily, reading Mindful Eating by Jan Chozen Bays, and completing three assignments for the program.

Anyway, some things I could have done better today were: 1. I had some negative body image thoughts when I saw my reflection in the window. I did not do a good job of ignoring those thoughts and 2. I did not go to the EDA meeting that I was supposed to go to tonight. I wish now I had gone.

Some good things I did today
  • I went to my session with Amy which made me feel good
  • I went to work!
  • I went to dinner with my roommate and then spend some time with her after
  • I cleaned my room and picked up all of the clothes off of my floor
  • I am writing in this blog now
  • I talked to two out-of-town friends on the phone
  • I called my grandma
  • I kept my food journal today
  • Even though I am hungry, I am staying out of the kitchen b/c its late

No comments:

Post a Comment