Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weight Watchers and Starting Anew

I started today. I walked in and the lady at the front knew my name. I have a long history with WW but haven't been in about 3 years. I never lost a significant amount of weight on WW - gave it up for the diet pills, and we all know how that ended... Anyway, I decided it was time to give it a try again. Well, actually, my mom was going and asked me if I wanted to go. I figured that it was the right time for me to get off my ass and change my life. So, I went and the meeting was really good. Everyone talked about how it wasn't a diet but a lifestyle change. They never really mentioned "good" or "bad" foods. There were a lot if young people and they didn't seem that different than me. So, it was a better experience than I remember and I think that it can be a good meal plan if I work it with my dietitian. My issue is sticking with meal plans and things like this. I get tired of trying so hard. I hate cooking and preparing food! So, I need to remember the goal - to eat healthy. Today I went over my allotted point value but only by a bit and I don't care. I still ate really great for me, so that's a big step. I'm going to try to focus on the lifestyle change versus the weight loss. So, if I go above my points but still eat healthy and don't binge, I don't care. I am also going to talk to my therapist tomorrow about this. It really isn't too different from following a meal plan with a dietitian or the one they gave me at residential treatment.

The book I am reading says that it is important for those with BED to weigh one per week so they can be aware of their bodies.

So, this morning I weighed 204.4. I ate 33.5 points today (I get 27 for my weight range).

Yay for me! Starting a new week and damn it feels good!

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't worry about the extra points. All I'm gonna say is PLEASE, PLEASE don't let the scale contol you. Scales can really screw you up. I'm with you though, my shrink asked me to stop and I'm up, a lot up, but I feel much better about myself. Maybe I'll try just once a month.

    ReplyDelete