Sunday, June 6, 2010

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over...

My parents sent me a card in the mail (even though they live in the same city as I do), and I thought I should share it with you.

The front of the card has the following quote on it: "Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly." -proverb

The note is as follows:

Dear _______,
I know how hard you are trying and all the effort and commitment you are putting into your recovery. I know you will be okay and get into a better place.
We love you and we are always here for you and will support you in any way we can.
I know somethimes things seem dark, but it will get bright again. Hang in there and keep your chin up! You are so beautiful and wonderful inside and out and we are so proud of the woman you are.
Our love always,
Mom and Dad

The note made me cry. How can everyone (but me) see the light at the end of the tunnel? 

My weekend was fair. My mom was out of town, so I spent some time with my dad. We went to a movie last night and then went to a museum today. It was good to spend some quality time with him doing the things that we like to do that my mom does not always enjoy. My dad is quieter than my mom in some ways though, and although he did ask me about the program, I did not tell him anything. I felt uncomfortable... I am not sure why. Maybe because I know he doesn't understand this.

I guess, here we go. On to another week...

No comments:

Post a Comment